CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday

Advent Time!!


Yestarday was officially declared the beginning of Advent by Catholic Church all over the world... some people said Advent is a waiting seasons for 'coming', time of hope, time of preparations, etc... what ever it is Advent is a time- preparing to celebrate the birth of the Saviour, Jesus Christ...
The traditional colour of advent is Purple which ...by catholic ... means symbolizes of the penitential spirit... The purple of Advent is also the color of suffering used during Lent and Holy Week.. . This does not mean that Advent is the most important time of the year. Easter has always had this honor....
As the advent is 'preparation' ... we are admonished
(i) to prepare ourselves worthily to celebrate the anniversary of the Lord's coming into the world as the incarnate God of love,
(ii) thus to make our souls fitting abodes for the Redeemer coming in Holy Communion and through grace, and
(iii) thereby to make ourselves ready for His final coming as judge, at death and at the end of the world
All above are for our faith....for me ... of course advent is my preparation for my own style christmas..ha ha ha...I mean..for my family of course...me started built a christmas tree (kecik sj) yesterday...decorated the door with welcoming X'mas etc... and as usual bought new clothes for children ... this year is another 'bonus' for me coz celebrate with 2 dearest kids...wondering how it would be...and REALLY hope to celebrate with my long lost friends, Carol, Mel, Karen (as I met them -bukan face to face- this year)...

0 comments: