CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday

All souls day

All Souls' Day directly follows All Saints' Day and is an opportunity for Roman Catholics to commemorate the faithful departed. They remember and pray for the souls of people who are in Purgatory - the place (or state) in which those who have died atone for their less grave sins before being granted the vision of God in Heaven.

Reasoning behind this stems from the notion that when a soul leaves the body, it is not entirely cleansed from venial (minor) sins. However, through the power of prayer and self-denial, the faithful left on earth may be able to help these souls gain the Beatific Vision they seek, bringing the soul eternal sublime happiness.
This happen annually, every 1st of November... every families of the dead will clean, make it clear, put some candles, flowers, family gahtering etc...other rituals include the offering of Requiem Mass for the dead, visiting family graves and reflecting on lost loved ones. .. I also involved for this.. My father was dead since I was 9 years old left my mum and 3 other brothers.. What I usually did for this all soul day was:
(i) Repaint my father grave
(ii) Put the fragrance candles
(iii) Put some fresh flower
I am doing this since my childhood together with my siblings... I made some changing for some of my special day such as my graduation, my engagement & wedding... This is the way I am thankful my dad and my rememberance for him..*in tears*...
This year my chapel celebrate the souls day on 2nd November last week.. a mini mass held at kawasan perkuburan...and here there's another story..My grandma from father's side (father's mom) also passed away and buried at the same area with my dad..but too sad that I am the only one her relatives came to 'visit' her this year...I still remember ba her grave (ingat-ingat lupa la) but when to 'give' her some flowers...aik mana tu kuburan?..OMG!!! diorang lupa kasi bersih!!!! .. only that time I'm asking my husband his help to clean the grave...kesian my nenek...we stucked a while for a mini mass untill the grave was clear...
But the best thing happened on soul day this year, my daughter Diona ikut serta... she's so polite than before..not nakal-nakal...after finished the mass and it's time to go home I asked her to say good bye to atuk..
Me : Ok Diona say good bye gia to atuk..ini mummy punya daddy ni
Diona : Daddy? Where?
Me : Tu .. (show the picture)
Diona : eee.. like Ivan (her brother) ooo...
Me : ooo..really?
* kids... ada-ada saja...
To The Late Of My Father
MR YALONG GINAL @ JUSTIN
~May Your Soul Rest In Peace Forever..Amen~
~ We celebrate today the solemnity of All Saints. This invites us to turn our gaze to the immense multitude of those who have already reached the blessed land, and points us on the path that will lead us to that destination.~
Pope John Paul II,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lay...sedih sa baca ooo...my oso in tears baca..hug for you..!!

me said...

A heartfelt sharing,alay. All Souls Day this year was very special too me too:) Have a blessed and peaceful month of prayer to the holy souls :)